I talked to my friend Melissa Sunday night for the first time in over two years. Melissa and I have been friends since high school. She is one of those friends that never leaves you (despite a physical absence from your everyday life). Our birthdays are coming up very soon and we will be 35 or as her Mom said "half way to 70". So, to make us feel younger I thought I'd post a little about our past.
Like any teenagers Melissa and I could talk on the phone for hours (okay so maybe we still can). The funniest part is that we both clearly remember staying on the phone for so long that we felt it inappropriate to hang up. One summer night (maybe it was our sophomore year, but I'm guessing)... we stayed on the phone all night long. There were great pauses in our conversation where one would have to question whether the other had fallen asleep. It is hysterical now to think back on what we could have possibly been talking about. Here are some things I do remember ...
We both loved comedy central, especially the stand-ups. Marsha Warfield - now she was hilarious. By far one of our favorites. We would be on the phone and both watching the same program on television (way before computers or text messaging for sure).
Well, 'Lis I couldn't find the right one (about the fat bag ladies in America), but this one will have to do. Enjoy!
1 comment:
As a very conscientious, observant mother I don't see how a couple of sophomoric girls could have fooled me with an all-nighter plus watching ***** language. So, naturally, this must be a joke for who knows how these two would have turned out if they had behaved so? Surely not becoming the very joy of their mother's lives (as they are today).
Post a Comment