Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bald is Beautiful (A Post for Papa)

I know that being bald has this initial feeling of defeat that comes along with it. For cancer patients, there seems to be something about the finality of it . It's like you now have to officially believe that you have cancer. So, in order to let you know that we all love you and think that bald is beautiful we have selected our favorites for you ...



Steve's favorites:

1. Debbie (I don't have a picture of her to post - well, I probably do but I doubted she wanted me to post her bald pictures) As you know her hair is growing back and she looks great!!


2. Bald Eagles (They don't look bald up close, but far away they do. They are quite magnificent either way, don't you think??)



My favorites:


1. Yul Brenner (Was there ever a finer looking man, really? Bald or otherwise)


2. Captain Picard - Patrick Stewart (I was never a Star Trek fan. I left the sci fi obsession soley to you and Mom. I do recall you watching The Next Generation late night, when I lived at home. It was Captain Picard that enticed me watch along with you. I thought he was fabulous to look at, so thank you for that because I still think that!!!)






Alexandria's Favorite:


Sinead O'Connor (I started her young didn't I? She loves Sinead. I really didn't actually even have to force it upon her. She simply heard it in my car a few times and it was a done deal. She will sing the songs on her own around the house. Of course, it makes me smile to myself every time I hear her.)





Abram's Favorite:


Caillou (A cartoon character on PBS. Abram smiled with great dimples, when we picked this picture.)

3 comments:

LT said...

Also, Natalie Portman with her head shaved was a lovely sight to see. I don't know how to post pics in the comments, but a quick search should lead you to it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Yul - from your mother. Yes, you definitely know how I feel (and looking at Yul always makes me feel at least 20 years younger - oh, make that 30 years - sometimes I forget to adjust that increasing age thing). I'll let you know if Fred spends much time in front of the mirror.

Kathryn & Alexandria said...

Lauren - We did see Natalie Portman (which Al refers to as Queen Amadala by the way), but figured Papa wouldn't be interested.

Mom - I knew you would enjoy Yul "I am the King of Siam" Brenner!!!