
My patience is being tested. I did this to myself. I submitted poetry to The New Yorker at th
e end of December. The poetry editor(s) respond to every submission, so I'm anxious to get my (rejection?) letter. What was I thinking? Who am I kidding? It is so hard to wait.
e end of December. The poetry editor(s) respond to every submission, so I'm anxious to get my (rejection?) letter. What was I thinking? Who am I kidding? It is so hard to wait. Since patience is an area of my personality that needs a tiny bit of development, I have decided to read quotes about it. Obviously, one of my favorites is in the title of this post. Here's a few more ...
“Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” Kierkegaard
"How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees." Shakespeare
My mother told me to keep writing ... "don't wait for a response, keep writing and submit to someone else". So, I'm taking her advice (as usual) and by the end of March, 3 more poems will be merrily scooted along some mail carriers route all the way to The Paris Review.
Please keep your fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment