
Okay ... I know, I know. Those of you that know me best are shaking your heads at a biblical quote, but I couldn't help myself. It is one of my favorites ... probably because it's one of my mother's favorites. Of course, I don't know which is worse ... her reciting bible verses or me. It is certainly not typical of either of us.
Well, I decided to title this post as "My cup runneth over ..." because I forgot to list my "thankful" list for February. I figure I should be diligent and list both February and March now. So, please bear with me.
Just a side note ... I couldn't decide on a photo of coffee running over the brim of a mug or the wine spilling from a goblet. I decided to go with the wine ... I love wine and I normally prefer tea to coffee. ;-)
February
Living parents!! Not everyone has the opportunity to experience their parents as adults. It is an amazing gift. I like to think it is one that I do not take for granted. I cherish every day that I am able to call mine or even simply think about them as living beings. I love that they are able to enjoy my children with me. I adore calling them Grandee and Papa. It is still one of the best moments in my life, when I can sit with them and discuss absolutely nothing of any importance or the most dreaded of all of life's moments (sometimes all in the same sitting). I love my parents!!!
March
I love my house! I love how the yard looks with the kids running around freely under the enormous oak tree. I love that I designed my own kitchen ... down to the grape handles on the cabinets. I love the soft couches in the front room and how wonderful the afternoon sun feels as it glares through the large windows. I love how quiet the house gets at night (when I'm writing in my blog). There is peace in the silence; nothing but an occasional chime from the grandfather clock, decrying the late hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment