Monday, April 28, 2008

Lunch with Lauren at Rasoi

Let me apologize first ...

I have decided to be one of those people that blogs about food. I couldn't help myself. This photo is from an excursion Lauren and I took a couple of Fridays ago. We don't get away for lunch as often as we would like, but this was one of the lucky moments that we were able to slip away for an hour.

Merrily off to Rasoi in the CWE we went. The food was especially good that day. The atmosphere in the new building is spectacular. Extremely trendy and bright. You immediately feel comfortable with all of the warm colors surrounding you. Boy was it a treat!!


Indian cuisine is appealing to me for several reasons, but one is their insistence on starches with all entrees. There is always a rice and naan (which is the triangular shaped leavened bread that is baked in tandoor on the right side of the photo). Of course as you can see I had a bit of both. I will start from the top and go clockwise. The green sauce in the bowl at the top of the photo is Green Chutney (cilantro, mint and yogurt) and on this day was fabulous and spicy. I tend to dip the naan or the vegetable pakoras in the chutney. The vegetable pakoras are the fried brown food at the top of the picture (they are basically garbonzo bean battered fritters --- so yummy!). Everything else except the orange chicken dish (Malai Kabob -- chicken breast cubes marinated in ginger, garlic, and an array of herbs & spices) were vegetarian dishes. On the right of the pakora is a dish with greens and tofu and to the right is cauliflower cooked in a spice I couldn't quite identify. We walked back full of tasty vegetables and starches and extremely satisfied!!!

Next chance we get we shall head to Little Saigon. Pricey, but delicious Vitanamese food. Just bear with me, please ... I enjoy food too much not to talk about it!!

No comments: