Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Outer Banks

Well ... we made it here safe, sound and ready to relax.

I've decided to send some of my favorite pictures. Hopefully, you can tell how wonderful it is here in the Outer Banks, N.C. (we're in Nags Head).





We had a beautiful drive here. I am completely in love with West Virginia. I have such a feeling of calm that comes over me as I drive through it. Maybe I was meant to be there. I told Steve I'd love to retire there. Anyhow, I didn't get any pictures of West Virginia, but here is one from Virginia. It's wonderful, too!!!





On to the beach ...

As you leave Norfolk, Va., there's an underwater tunnel that goes under the sound for two miles!!! You see water all around you on both sides of the highway as you approach the tunnel and then with your heart pounding and no exits in sight you plunge into the dark tunnel ... below water level. What a enlivening experience. The kids yelled AHHHHHHHH ... all two miles in the dimly lit tunnel. They thought it was a great time. At the end of the tunnel you end up on a three mile bridge with water below you and as far as you can see to each side. You know you are very close to the ocean.




Upon arrival, the kids were ready for the beach and for the first three days that's all we have done. I figure we all deserve it!!





Steve and Abram

Alexandria, Abram and Mom

Alexandria and Abram with their new friends (Luke-a red head- and Molly from Washington, D.C. and Alabama, respectively)


Papa and Abram (being buddies with their feet in the sand)

Well, that's all for now. We are getting ready to go to the N.C. Aquarium. I'm hoping to see a sea turtle with a secondary goal of finding some sea horse earrings (hopefully in silver). So, signing off for now. More posts to come ... lighthouses, mini golf, aquarium, the beach house pool, and on and on ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish to have a copy of the picture of PaPa and Abram for my seashell picture frame you guys gave me.