
Today was a snow day, so I was unable to go to work. It's amazing how that gives you such a feeling of joy and overwhelming doom all at the same time. I have a lot going on at work, so I get really nervous missing a day. Tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to present an idea to the entire faculty of Radiation Oncology. Of course, it has to be an idea that they will probably be unhappy about. When I was asked to present my idea to the docs, I asked Dr. Michalski (the medical director) ... "when should I be prepared for the firing squad ... I mean facutly meeting". I think he actually enjoyed it because when he replied to me with the date and time he indicated that I could have a cigarette if I'd like. Being me and unable to leave it at that I said no thank you to the cigarette and said that I would appreciate one last meal instead. Yesterday I had an e-mail from his secretary asking me what I'd like for lunch off of a menu she had attached to the e-mail. Sometimes work is pretty funny if you look for the humor ... that is if you REALLY look for it!
The kids are watching the movie Kicking and Screaming (with Will Ferrell). We played trains today (hopefully the ones without the lead paint), took turns bundling up to take the dog out to do her business in the sleet, did our chores (made beds, emptied the dishwasher, etc.) and picked out the food we will prepare for dinner. I wouldn't say that it was a thrilling day for them, but they still seem excited to have me home. I know I'm always glad to spend a day looking at their faces and hearing their churning throughout the house.
Look at the beauty of little fingers on a laptop ... they learn early don't they???
Favorite URL for the fingers ... ??? Hotwheels.com
No comments:
Post a Comment