The last two years have been the most emotionally trying years that I can remember. I thought it the perfect time to mention all the blessings that continue to abound in my life ...
1. I have two beautiful, smart and HEALTHY children. They are the motion in my life. The beings that propel me forward on days where I feel like little more than curling into a ball. Alexandria you are wise beyond your years, you hold my hand and paint color into my life. Abram you are a deep soul, you melt me with your warm eyes and deep dimples, you stop to feel deeply and remind me to take in the glory of life. I love you both more than I can begin to express.
2. My husband, my friend and partner ... you fill in the gaps and parts of my life where I struggle, you excel and achieve by pure determination and you keep me grounded. You overcome adversity, you love ruthlesslessly and you are the most fabulous father. Though we have been dealt some hard times over the last year, we are hand-in-hand muddling through the muck day after day. We are stronger from the strife. I love you and I am so thankful and proud of the life that we have built.
3. Mom - need I say more. Maybe the beauty is in the need not to say anything ... it's in the ability to call and talk of nothing, the smile from across a room when the kids have been funny, it's my getting in your way as you cook a dinner ... as it has always been ... no need for words!
4. My friends far and near -- just knowing you are here, there or anywhere ... it reminds me of all the goodness and beauty in life. To share a laugh, a cry or a general conversation. It makes a person whole ... it fills the gaps.
Karla - you are bold, strong and devout. By devout, I am not referring to your catholicism. You are a devoted wife and mother, a steadfast patient advocate and an amazing friend.
Melissa - you are so far away and so much time goes by, but you're still such an influencial person in my life. It's as though years ago you incorporated fibers of yourself to allow me to carry pieces of you around with me year after year.
Julie - very much like Mom, there's not much that I can say. You're the sister I never had. We continue to have a bond that surpasses anything that either of us can explain and we can still read each other like a book.
Lauren - you're always there when I need you. For a fickle person :-), you sure know what you think and you refuse to allow me to minimize my own importance. You are such a pure and kind soul. There's true beauty in your genuine and unique nature.
Annette - I miss your laugh!! You bring out the humor in life ... the emotion that enables life to be bearable. Despite the length of time that passes ... you are one of the friends that I cherish the most.
5. Abby - Although you cannot read I need to point out your proud stance with tail held high and overgrown Scottie beard. I'm so thankful for your two-legged happy dance upon each daily return home.
6. Nicklaus - I'm so thankful I have a wonderful purr in my life again. I even love your dominant male demeanor.
I'm thankful for each of you and wish you all a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
Here are some things that probably seem silly or irrational, but they are what they are ...
1. My kid's artwork and handwriting
2. Satellite radio, my i-pod ... okay, okay ... music, in general
3. The internet
2. An extremely warm, almost too hot BATH!!
3. Fuzzy, woolly socks
4. The color purple (the actual color and the movie)
4. Spiders and butterflies (together and in that order)
5. Memories that never cease no matter how much time passes
No comments:
Post a Comment