
Is there any better time of year??
I love fall in Missouri!!! It has been a glorious month. I suppose other states may have an even more spectacular display ... for instance, West Virginia is quite remarkable ... but, I'm very proud of my home state. It is amazing just driving from my home to work and back each day. It's really the only time I don't agonize over the distance.
So in tribute to this wonderful month and in trying to heal from a horrific year, here are some of my favorite things about October ...
It's the month Fred 'gave me away' twelve years ago. I still remember the pride on his face the day I asked him to walk me down the aisle (albeit a grassy aisle).

A camping trip with the in-laws, which meant quality time with Parker f
or Aunt Kathryn. Okay, so maybe I wore spit up on a few of my shirts, but it was worth it!!
Of course, the kids will tell you nothing is as fun as spending time with their cousin, Julia (she's just now losing her two front teeth ... exceedingly cute).
I was even able to take a day off of work for something fun. That's right ... not family/medical leave, not a broken arm, not even a bout of asthma ... a field trip to the pumpkin patch with my little man, A!!! He had a grand time! I received more than one unsolicitated hug.
And ... just this weekend the kids helped Steve and I build a fire pit in the yard. We invited Mom over to roast hot dogs with us. It was a pleasant evening ... except for a few quarrels between the kids. They were getting tired after all.
The month started off quite tragically with the loss of my Uncle Neil. That's a post for another day. He was a wonderful, brave and honorable man. I know he would be proud of my October. I guess the good news is that there is a possibility that those that leave us can somehow watch over and protect us. I don't know if that's something that is possible, but outside of a few crying jags here and there, I felt overwhelmingly fulfilled this month. Life truly does go on ...
No comments:
Post a Comment