Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock



Time goes by too quickly. I was so glad to see that a new year was here, but am now questioning the infinitely increasing speed at which my life seems to be accelerating. I watched my four year old undergoing pre-school screening this morning. He is so smart and I'm not just a bragging mother, he did really well. One of my favorite parts was when the teacher asked him to recite his alphabet, which she posed as a question. If you know our son, that was a mistake!! Of course his answer was clearly no. So, she asked him why and he said "I don't want to". He never does anything that he doesn't want to ... if it's posed as a question. He's quick, that's for sure.

Things to remember about January 2008 ...

1. Friends new, old and rekindled
2. New beginings - the look on the face of a scared pre-schooler transforming into a smile, as he realizes that learning can be fun
3. Taking chances (I plan to submit poetry to a publisher)
4. Writing, writing, writing (work, fun, growth -- whatever the reason I'm glad I'm doing it)

No comments: