The end of January is drawing near and I find myself thankful that no traumatic event has befallen our family to date (huge slab of wood needed for knocking). Steve did have a tooth pulled, but in comparison to our normal dilemmas this was a mild set back.
I continue to miss Fred each day ... constantly wonder how Mom handles it. The kids seem to miss him more now than ever. It's a common occurrence for the kids to miss him. They will simply say ... "I miss Papa". I just say ... "I miss him too" and we go about our business. What more can one say really? We are all coming to terms with the loss and there is some sadness that comes with that acceptance.
Work is work ... I'm trying not to get involved (or shall I say dragged) in situations outside of the scope of my position ... I'm not sure I'll ever be successful in this regard. I miss Lauren, I often miss being a part of DT and I desperately wish I could effectively change some major misconceptions and inefficiencies about the damn place. I do love research ... sadly I love cancer research ... I can't ever learn enough. I guess that means I'm in it for the long haul.
I have much to be thankful for ... my kids, husband, Mom, friends and family. My house is clean and my husband, kids, dog and cat are thrilled when I come home each night. I don't worry that my kids are appropriately cared for now that my husband is home. I'm back in school AGAIN. I'm completely addicted to facebook, my i-pod and my satelite radio. I can call my Mom everyday and talk about nothing. I have it all, really.
2 comments:
What do you mean "talk about nothing at all" with your mother. I thought everything we talked about was (at the very least) earth shattering. I generally talk with you morning and afternoon and sometimes nights as well. Absolutely no one could talk that much about nothing. Could one??
You're not supposed to admit that sometimes it is more than twice a day!! :-)
Post a Comment